Has a curriculum level the number of tattoos that aposentan on his arms: is model, painter, author of three books of success (the last one , ‘Go big or go home’, was published now just over three years ago), singer, designer clothes andmakeup , tattoo artist (his hands have the power to sculpt star tattoos the ‘star system’ of the likes of Beyoncé or Jared Leto) and has also participated in several reality shows American like ‘Miami Ink’ or ‘lA Ink’, focused on creation their own tattoo studio. Aesthetically straddles girl ‘pin-up’ and a rebel ‘rockabilly’, Katherine Von Drachemberg (Mexico, 1982), aka Kat Von D , is the closest thing to a feminine and contemporary version of a Renaissance man.
Now, eight years after creating its line of cosmetics for Sephora and only one after landing in Spain, returns to Spain to present new products to add to its collection: from the Interestellar palette to a size mini your name ‘liner tattoo’, all characterized by its long duration and obtaining full coverage. Between ‘eye liners’ and lip of all colors and for having gotten me confesses that “to be beautiful do not need makeup.”And maybe that closeness and innate joy that characterizes it is one of the ingredients that explain the recipe for success (in Instagram already has more than five million ‘followers’ and at the gates of the hotels that treads expect tens of killing people by becoming a ‘selfie’ with her).
It marks one year since Kat Von D Beauty landed in Spain and remains a bestseller. What is your secret?
My line is very different from others because it has been developed by a computer. The initial idea, art that surrounds it and the ‘packaging’ are not the result of a computer process, but a hard work carried out by people.And I think that customers really value.
Sores, ‘eye liners’, pallets and even bars liquid lips. What is for you the ‘must’ of its line?
It’s a question I always! It’s very difficult to answer because I use them all, but I think I’ll stick with the red lipstick.
What is your daily beauty routine?
I do not do anything special. My aesthetics and style makeup will vary day to day. Sometimes I maquillo inspired me a song that will not stop ringing in my head, a new product that I discovered or a picture I’ve seen in a museum. Everything depends on the day you have.
Any secret of beauty (in) confesable?
None. I have no secret. I think confidence is very sexy. No matter if you wear makeup or not, the important thing is to feel comfortable with your skin.Many women are very complicated issue, but I always feel comfortable with both makeup and without it.
So it is in favor of free natural beauty makeup?
Yes of course. For me the makeup is an art, I do not see it as part of the beauty world. I equate to the drawing, fashion, tattoos … In the end, the important thing is that you feel good about herself.
Is there some kind of makeup that never would?
Any. That’s something I like about the world of makeup when I compare with tattoos. When you maquillas do not have to think too much aboutwhether or not to certify thee, because ultimately you what you can remove. You can try different styles that have never used and end of the day it off and go back to being the same person, which does not happen with tattoos. There are some styles that I do not like, but it is a personal matter. I do not criticize anyone who likes other different styles to mine.
His line is, like you, vegan. Do you think people are more aware of the rights of animals?
Totally. The world is learning a lot about the role of animals, and this is very important. I like to promote this message, as it is very important, not only for me but for the whole society.
Today we are witnessing a proliferation of all ‘youtubers’ beauty and, apparently, makeup is more fashionable than ever. How do we value?
Social networks and new technologies can be good and bad at the same time. Before people could watch programs and read magazines and look at the makeup. Now, thanks to Youtube, we can follow anyone we want. The bad part of this issue is the negative people who are on the network, but that does not get tarnish its positive side. I’m not an artist make – up , do not know disguise others. I only know my face, and tutorials available on theInternet help us get us out party.
- He says it is not an expert makeup, but tattoo. What he has served his experience as a tattoo artist when developing its line?
- Much. The makeup line would not be possible without my experience as atattoo artist. Makeup artists are because they know how to draw. Being tattoo artist has allowed me to understand the structure of the face, which, in turn, helps me understand how they should be cosmetics .
- A good make-up artist, born or made?
- A good artist always made, not born. I do not believe in natural talent, but in hard work, in any field. The school is very good to learn things, but it is not always necessary. To engage in the world of makeup , like any kind of art, the important thing is to practice every day.
- Let’s talk about your tattoos. How many do you have?
- I’ve never been able to count them because I have so many that now form one. What I do know is that I have already tattooed over 30 artists throughout the world.
- And the Beethoven?
- I have five! I started playing the piano with just five years. My grandmother was a professional pianist and taught my brothers and me. Music is almost like one of my best friends, I like it even more than drawing. When I’m home I like to play the piano for two hours a day. I love classical music, especially Beethoven, Mozart and Bach. And it’s very funny, because influencing everything I do. Beethoven is a big part of my life and it’s like my hero.
- Could you opt for any of your tattoos?
- My favorite is the picture of my father [is the bust of his tattooed on his right forearm parent], who is my best friend. I like having him around because I can watch anytime. It is also his favorite tattoo (laughs). I like all my tattoos, but certainly I’ll take this.
September 29th, 2016 by IVÁN AVELLO